The average person gains half a kilo during the holidays, and never shakes it off. We all love to celebrate with family, friends and coworkers during the Christmas and summer season. This is a wonderful time but it it can also be too enjoyable for your waistline.
So here are a few tips to stay in control and be conscious of what you’re eating, without sacrificing the fun.
- Schedule in a bit of physical activity every day (even if it’s just an evening walk with a friend or significant other).
- Carry high protein snacks and water at all times.
- Focus on the healthy, low kilojoule foods at parties. Use smaller portions, try to avoid buffets, anything deep fried, high carbs and sugary anything.
- Go easy on the alcohol, the kilojoules will quickly add up and alcohol suppresses the body’s ability to burn fat. Make a wine spritzer by mixing your fav quaff with soda water and lots of fresh lemon. Steer clear of fizzy, sweet drinks.
- New Year’s Resolution? Invest in yourself. Quit the junk food. Raise the bar. Come to Meei where Less is more.